logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Some (new) images not displaying on simple html page
Author
cnschulz

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul '16 10:07    Post subject: Some (new) images not displaying on simple html page Reply with quote

Hi,

Some time ago I set up a very simple html navigation page as my home to direct to all other services. I have added one more sure and attempted to add another link via an img tag. The image will not display but the link works. The image is a 404 but it is 100% there with full permissions. If I copy a working image to the a new image name, the link will not work. Any ideas?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 01 Aug '16 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the in access log and the error log about it?

Can you post your code!?
cnschulz

PostPosted: Tue 02 Aug '16 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out (of course) that it was a stupid error. I had a virtual directory and an actual directory with the same name (and contents)

/etc/apache/icons was the right directory to add my icon to.
/var/www/icons was incorrect and was deleted.

Reply to topic   Topic: Some (new) images not displaying on simple html page View previous topic :: View next topic