logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: How to fix installation error?
Author
scott14

PostPosted: Sat 07 Dec '13 8:23    Post subject: How to fix installation error? Reply with quote

Environment: * Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
* Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (vcredist_x64.exe)
* Apache httpd-2.4.7-win64-VC11.zip
* PHP php-5.5.6-Win32-VC11-x64.zip
* mysql-installer-community-5.6.15.0.msi

I want Apache and PHP for using MySQL and phpMyAdmin on localhost (my personal laptop).

I followed installation instructions at http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2394and uncommented these lines of php.ini but get these 2 errors. How can I fix these 2 errors?

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP
ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

- and -

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP
ext\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

Thank you for any help. - Scott

-------------------------------
Side comment: Expert programmers like you may use Linux but most users in this world have Windows. If you could keep one set of good clean instructions for how to install Apache server and PHP on Windows in one central place on this forum and keep it updated when Apache server and PHP change, it would help many thousands or millions of people.

The web has old obsolete instructions that talk about MSI executables. Here on Apache Lounge for manual installation of Apache/PHP we mainly only have that one excellent post by James Blond from August 2008, but it has confusing typo mistakes [AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php - note the extra space before ".php" so if a user copies this it will not work] and it has other confusing points.

If one good clean set of instructions for manual installation of Apache/PHP could be kept in one central place here and always updated, it would help a LOT of confused people who are not experts.

THANK YOU for your work providing this web site and all the apache server files.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 07 Dec '13 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your problem is that there is a white space in your extension_dir path in php.ini. Try to use the old 8.3 path like C:\Progra~1\ or what ever it is on your system. How ever having php in a location like C:\php5 makes it a lot easier.
scott14

PostPosted: Mon 09 Dec '13 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond:
Thank you. Your instructions helped me and it is working now.

I appreciate your help.
Scott

(several additional edits were also necessary which are not mentioned in the Apache Lounge installation instructions, but I did not keep track of them all.

One, for example, is where Apache Lounge installation instructions say to "9a. install phpmyadmin with the installer script in http://yourdomain.tld/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php" but the php5 structure is not like that anymore. php5 on Windows 7 does not have a directory named "scripts." More changes also were needed simply because the installation instructions need updating)
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 09 Dec '13 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome to list the changes that need to be done to keep the install instructions up to date.

Reply to topic   Topic: How to fix installation error? View previous topic :: View next topic