logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: No internet access to my server.
Author
Zeety

PostPosted: Sun 28 Oct '12 2:28    Post subject: No internet access to my server. Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently installed Apache/2.0.64(win32)on my Windows 7 machine and am having a problem with external access. The installation appears to be good as it shows all services running and I can access a basic index.html file through 127.0.0.1

I have ruled out any router or firewall issues and am fairly sure the problem is with the httpd config. But the only changes I've made are to the NameServer and Listen directives, so I'm lost for an answer to the problem.

The NameServer is set to my actual IP address while the Listen one is set to my servers internal IP address, but I have tried switching them around with no success.

The other thing I don't know is if I need to have SQL and myPHP installed just to check basic functionality.

Sorry for the nooby questions Embarassed I appreciate any and all help.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 28 Oct '12 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:

Listen 80

SQL and PHP do not have to be installed to check basic functionality.

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: No internet access to my server. View previous topic :: View next topic