logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Performance on Windows Server 2008 R2
Author
nwpullman

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov '11 19:50    Post subject: Performance on Windows Server 2008 R2 Reply with quote

Dear Apache Lounge Forum,

We currently have an installation of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 with the original vanilla build of Apache. We are with this using PHP 5.2.17 installed as an Apache module in the customer's environment.*

As we are experiencing some minor performance issues on this Webserver with a high CPU load for just viewing a couple of pages, we are thinking if there is something that we have done wrong in our setup. We have been thinking about trying Apache Lounge and also using PHP as a CGI module.

What can Apache Lounge and/or CGI do for us in this scenario? What can we also take a look at except opimizing our code and caching?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best

Per

* We cannot use IIS as we are dependent on the mod_rewrite for Drupal.
Smitty

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov '11 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really consider switching to PHP 5.3.x. The 5.2 branch isn't being supported anymore.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov '11 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

On very high load you have the same usage of memory with apache and php over fcgid as with apache and php as module (overall). I hope you mean f(ast)cgi(d) and not normal cgi.

Did you disabled all not used PHP extensions?

I think Smitty is right with an upgrade to 5.3. On Windows 5.3 is 40% faster than 5.2. And soonish 5.4 will come.
nwpullman

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec '11 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thank you for your tips. We will suggest to the customer to upgrade Drupal to version 7, to allow for PHP 5.3.

Also we will give the Apache Lounge build a try since it uses VC9.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Per
PanchoJ

PostPosted: Sat 12 Oct '13 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nwpullman,

How did you go with your set up? I wondering, as I have the same setup as you? Are you using cache modules at all?

Cheers

Reply to topic   Topic: Performance on Windows Server 2008 R2 View previous topic :: View next topic