logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Weird Behavior Server 2003/8 R2
Author
jfha73

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug '11 23:20    Post subject: Weird Behavior Server 2003/8 R2 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I tried to Install Apache 2.2.19 on two servers, one is a Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86) the other one is a Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64), the installation went fine for both, but when I tried to install PHP on them my surprise was that 2008 R2 showed me everything I installed when running phpinfo();, but as per 2003 R2 it says it had no MySQL or MBString and others.

I ran php -m and it shows all extensions running, but not in Apache, I was wondering if this has something to do with Apache or PHP, I tried PHP on IIS and it showed me everything.

The version of PHP I'm trying is 5.3.6

If you have any idea, please let me know what I can do about this.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug '11 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the module or php over fcgid? Setted PHPIniDir?
jfha73

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug '11 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Module, but I'm looking it in another prospective, I know both Apche and PHP were built using VC9, in other words .NET Framework 3.5, the server with 2003 has .NET Framework installed, I have seen weird behavior when .NET 4 is installed, some older applications (using .NET 3.5 or 2.0) have problems when version 4 is installed, so I'll try uninstalling .NET Framework version 4 and see how it goes.

I'll keep you posted.
jfha73

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug '11 17:10    Post subject: Never mind Reply with quote

That did not work, I uninstalled .NET Framework 4, but still no MySQL or MBString, I also tried it with PHP 5.3.8 and it didn't even started the server.

I see no errors in any log so something must be really wrong somewhere, I personally can't tell if it's coming from Apache or PHP, but if PHP works just fine with IIS, why not for Apache?
jfha73

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug '11 20:58    Post subject: Hit the nail !!! Reply with quote

I had a second server running Windows Server 2008 R2 with the IIS Role turned on, I wanted to setup apache on another port and it did not work for this one either (same error than 2003), once it was turned off (.NET Framework 3.5 turned off too) it started to work, so the issue was not .NET Framework v4 but v3.5

So if you guys from Apache are checking this forum, you might want to have that in mind for a future release.

Reply to topic   Topic: Weird Behavior Server 2003/8 R2 View previous topic :: View next topic