logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: configuration: Something wrong with port forwarding I guess
Author
nikorai

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 15:54    Post subject: configuration: Something wrong with port forwarding I guess Reply with quote

Hello,

Some years ago I had no trouble setting up a little home-hosted website for private use : sharing pics and news with my family. I just want to do the same (new comp, new internet provider), and it doesn't work. I guess the trouble is in the router. Or maybe the ISP is doing something funny ?
-I set up a address redirect on no-ip.com
-I installed Apache, and when I try 127.0.0.1 on firefox, it works.
-When I try 192.168.1.2 (my comp, fixed local IP), it already doesn't work. Obviously it also doesn't work when using my global IP or my no-ip.org address.
-I am on Windows 7. The firewall asks the authorization each time a new application tries to connect. It hasn't asked anything about Apache but I already created a rule to allow Apache.
-In the router settings I asked for a forwarding of port 80 TCP/UDP to 192.168.1.2
-I see on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ that my port 80 is open.

How to check if my ISP (Vodafone Italia) is blocking something ? I noticed that it blocks many sites, such as piratebay, online poker sites etc, so it wouldn't be a big surprise if it is doing something wrong here.

I really don't have any more ideas on what to do. The reason I haven't needed to setup my own little server is mostly because Picasa appeared, but this time I want to share much bigger files so I'd really need to fix this, otherwise I'd have to send DVDs by snail mail...
Thanks in advance for any help.
nikorai

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah something more: I tried the passive mode, and when I go to http://ip.filezilla-project.org/ip.php I get 127.0.0.1 . Is that normal ? I thought my global IP should appear.

Ah well that's all I know, I'm lost. I googled my problem for hours without any result.
nikorai

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe it could be due to windows 7 local network configuration. At least that is what happened to another Apache users some years ago. How should I do iunder Windows 7 to get the same result ?
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=1793 (his solution is in the last message).
nikorai

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I told my comp to leave the house network, now I can see my page from any computer of the house, at 192.168.1.2.
It's better but still nothing (that is, timeout) when using the global IP.
I hope that is precise enough, thank you for any help.
nikorai

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, it's visible from outside, just not from inside using the global IP.

Reply to topic   Topic: configuration: Something wrong with port forwarding I guess View previous topic :: View next topic