logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Just upgraded.. Please help with port forwarding.
Author
nob4uask

PostPosted: Fri 10 Sep '10 2:38    Post subject: Just upgraded.. Please help with port forwarding. Reply with quote

Morn all (glsmith where are you).

I just upgraded my net connection and I have some cable modem/router thingy, it is a cisco DPQ3925 modem/gateway.

I was able to log on and forward my port but can't seem to access the website.

when I type in localhost:4562 or (Computer IP Address):4562 it comes up fine but once again it can't be seen from the outside world.

My site is down and NFL started today, any help would be appreciated.

As usual try to be specific with your help.

Thanx all and be safe.

UPDATE: - Just checked to see if httpd.exe was running but why is it showing that it is listening to 908 when it is supposed to be listening to 4562.

UPDATE - Just found this old post from glsmith and tried it, didn't work either. "Linksys routers have a "block wan requests" option that needs to be disabled, NG may have something similar."
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 10 Sep '10 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

it answers for me:
http://us.apachehaus.net/images/cowboysfan.gif

some routers do not do loopback well ... maybe this is one of those few?
nob4uask

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep '10 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
it answers for me:
http://us.apachehaus.net/images/cowboysfan.gif

some routers do not do loopback well ... maybe this is one of those few?

Morn glsmith.

How are you doing this fine morning ?

The guy who installed the modem left before I got back. I specifically asked him if he needed to do anything to the computer and he said "NO".

After reconfiguring everything and it not working I thought I would start a stream test with the new upload speed. I shut everything down, did my test and started opening my bittorrent client. What a suprise to me when I get a message from windows firewall asking if I wanted to block it..lol

Shut it down and everything is fine. I will be upgrading the PC today so I'm sure that that isn't going to go smoot either...lol

Be safe and thank you for the help.

Reply to topic   Topic: Just upgraded.. Please help with port forwarding. View previous topic :: View next topic