logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Only It Works Page Comes after installation
Author
nirmalsat

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 7:55    Post subject: Only It Works Page Comes after installation Reply with quote

Hi ,

Am a total noob as of servers and stuff and am starting off with apache just now. I downloaded and installed the apache version for windows , which was simple enough with the setup wizard.

But , the thing is as mentioned in most websites am supposed to be getting the " If you are seeing this , then apache is installed " page right.. But all i get is the " It works page ". All I would like to know is , does this mean that the installation dint go well , or am i fine with goin forward with setting up a website..

I would also like to know if there are any guide for dummies site which basically explains stuff in a simple way , since i have till now searched for quite a while for explanations and dint really come up with many sites..

Please Help.. Sad
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The " It works page " means that all is fine. On the apache.org site you can find the docu, there is no dummy docu.

Steffen
nirmalsat

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. Am goin with setting up with the site and shall get back on my progress..
aritamk

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug '10 12:26    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if you ever got this problem fixed. I recently installed version 2.2.16 and am having the same issue. I entered localhost for both the domain and the web address. I have my port forwarding correct and can get to my page from an external machine, but all I get is the It Works page.

Help please. Let me know what info you need.

Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug '10 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete the index.html and put your own stuff there Wink
aritamk

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug '10 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried editing the httpd.conf file to have the DocumentRoot pointing to the location where I have my files, and I've also tried putting my files in there, but neither of those work. Are there some other settings that I should have changed?

Is using localhost for both correct even though I have my own domain name and web address?

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: Only It Works Page Comes after installation View previous topic :: View next topic