logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.15 says "You do not have permission to view
Author
SilverDragonADP

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul '10 23:52    Post subject: Apache 2.2.15 says "You do not have permission to view Reply with quote

I installed Apache server 2.2.15 and initially the server worked fine. Then I installed Php 5.2.13. Initially the server worked with a test file. I installed MySql 5 and Task Manager on Vista Ultimate said that mysql was running. However, when I now entered http://localhost:8080/test.php, I received a message "Forbidden ... You don't have permission to access /test.php on this server". Also, when I click on a link in MS Outlook 2007 or Word 2007, I receive the message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Firefox and IE links work just fine. An attempt at a System Restore yielded the message "failed due to unspecified reasons." I uninstalled both MySql and Php ... to no avail.
Suggestions, please?
SilverDragonADP

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 16:50    Post subject: Solved link permission problem Reply with quote

SilverDragonADP Comment:

The solution to the Outlook & Word link permission problem was to edit a registry key using regedit.

Evidently MySql was installed incorrectly and this situation corrupted the registry.
SilverDragonADP

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul '10 15:58    Post subject: Reinstalled Apache-MySql-Php on Vista Ultimate Reply with quote

SilverDragon Comment:

I reinstalled Apache-MySql-Php. Everything appears to be working fine now. The major difference is that I utilized a different tutorial. For anyone who is interested, here is the link to the tutorial:
http://www.slideshare.net/myusuf/how-to-install-apache-mysql-php-on-windows-vista

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.15 says "You do not have permission to view View previous topic :: View next topic