logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: New to Apache: How do i modify the main page html file?
Author
mhouser

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov '09 16:36    Post subject: New to Apache: How do i modify the main page html file? Reply with quote

I have been running a IIS 7 web server for a few months now and would like to create a forum based site for my game guild.

Read Apache is easiler to setup to run with PHPbb.

I could not find any documentation on where the html files are stored for apache. I assume you can edit files on the fly similar to IIS where you can edit html files with wordpad.
paranid

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov '09 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
these files are stored in a directory set in httpd.conf file, directive DocumentRoot
mhouser

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov '09 17:40    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply,
found the files stored at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs

Reply to topic   Topic: New to Apache: How do i modify the main page html file? View previous topic :: View next topic