logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: What's this error mean?
Author
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov '09 6:04    Post subject: What's this error mean? Reply with quote

What the heck does this mean

[Fri Nov 06 16:00:22 2009] [error] [client 72.xx.xx.xx] operable program or batch file.\r, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/jukebox.jsx?view_queue=yes
[Fri Nov 06 16:00:27 2009] [error] [client 72.xx.xx.xx] 'ps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,\r, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/jukebox.jsx?view_queue=yes

huh ... 'ps' ... what's throwing that into the mix?
This was returning 503 Out of Resources, but that's literally impossible because it's worked fine for a long long time and the server has plenty of beef behind it.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov '09 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your script tries to call a external programm with name "ps.exe". But Windows can't find it in the %PATH%
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov '09 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what it sounds like to me. Problem is, there is no call to any ps.exe in the script. And this is the result of me trying to use the thing from a friends house which is why I know what it results in. There's no shell/spawn/system/fork/exec nor any ".exe" anywhere in the code. Confusing as hell.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov '09 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened that webpage. You take a look, if there that error with my IP ( 85.16.97.x)
Maybe you can put that source code on paste bin? I wonder which language it is? *.jsx
Perl,Phyton,PHP?

--edit--

You may also take a look into the access.log at that time. Maybe XSS caused by spyare or what ever?
glsmith

PostPosted: Sun 08 Nov '09 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's there and it only happens on connections from remote.
Till I track it down

// ps.exe
int main()
{
return 0;
}

Going to crank out a 2.0.64 and test w/o ps.exe in path.

Reply to topic   Topic: What's this error mean? View previous topic :: View next topic