logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache page viewable on server but not on local network.
Author
PiTiger

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jun '09 23:59    Post subject: Apache page viewable on server but not on local network. Reply with quote

I have the latest version of apache web server (version 2.2) running on a laptop with Vista SP2. I would like to use it as a test server which I can turn on and off as needed. My network consists of a wireless router connected to a switch and a DSL modem.

My issue is that I am able to host and view hosted web pages on the server (my laptop which is using wireless) using localhost or my own IP address, but I cannot view pages from any other computers on my local network. Note that for the moment I am NOT interested in hosting sites outside of my LAN.

Here's what I've tried so far. I have shut down Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and my anti-virus firewall. I have forwarded port 80 on my router to my laptop computer. I have tried hosting on several different ports, changing the httpd.conf file and port forwarding to match.

Please, if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. This is becoming a major headache for me.
gregs24

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jul '09 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can access the web pages on your laptop then Apache is working fine and I doubt there is a configuration problem as long as you haven't fidled too much with the default setup. It seem most likely that there is a firewall blocking the other computers.

Try pinging your laptop from another computer on your LAN first to see if they can see it or not.
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jul '09 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

servername set to localhost?
if so just change it to the nic IP of the server e.g. 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache page viewable on server but not on local network. View previous topic :: View next topic