logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 and php 5.3 on Windows Server 2008 crashes!
Author
spodletela

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jul '09 21:06    Post subject: Apache 2.2 and php 5.3 on Windows Server 2008 crashes! Reply with quote

I had an working apache 2.2 installation with php 5.2.x on my old windows xp computer and was in a process of moving it to new windows server 2008 (64 bit). From the start the apache was acting somehow "strangely" so i decided to make a new installation with latest apache and php 5.3 (all of them 32 bit versions).

The result was that the apache has started to repeatedly crash on different requests, even on trivial ones (like phpinfo()). I have checked for binary dependancies and if php is able to find them (procmon, sysinternals) but with no luck. Then i checked the dependancies of binaries (if msv*90.dll used is both the php and apache builds), experimenting with multithreaded and singlethreaded crts, vc8 and vc6 builds but with no luck. At the end i have also used the official apache build again with all for types of php binaries and the result was more or less the same (ok, with the single threaded vc6 php didnt even start). Now i am out of options. I could probably build the apache and php and attach the debugger (although it all looks like that it crashes within php5ts.dll so probably i should build php only) but i assume it would take ages to build all the dependant libraries.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? This is probably not the lonely case as there is quite a few complaints about this problem on the google...

Something from event log:
Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.11.0, time stamp 0x493ac913, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.3.0.0, time stamp 0x4a4929bb, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000f3d20, process id 0x4d4, application start time 0x01c9fa83f74a4c97.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jul '09 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks many issues with 5.3.0
see http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=3073

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 and php 5.3 on Windows Server 2008 crashes! View previous topic :: View next topic