logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Fatal error: Out of memory - Apache hangs (stopps working)
Author
d3nn1s

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr '09 7:53    Post subject: Fatal error: Out of memory - Apache hangs (stopps working) Reply with quote

Hello together,

since a few weeks we have a new message in our error.log:

[Sun Apr 05 21:30:40 2009] [error] [client 84.56.60.156] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) in C:\\My_Path\formation.asp on line 1545, referer: http://www.mydomain.org/matches.asp ... amID=12116
[Sun Apr 05 21:30:42 2009] [error] [client 78.94.194.96] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) in C:\\My_Path\showPlayerDetails.asp on line 1739, referer: http://www.mydomain.org/transfers.asp
[Sun Apr 05 21:30:43 2009] [error] [client 217.230.3.236] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) in C:\\My_Path\conference.asp on line 1910, referer: http://www.mydomain.org/newLeftfram ... wMenu=club

If it were just the message in the log, it would be ok, but some scripts are not be loaded anylonger after this message appears. There are hundreds of entries of this message in the error.log, one after each other, but not only the same script. There are different scripts listed in the error log with this message. Strange is that all scripts needs to allocate the same byte count. that's really wondering me. all scripts have the exact same entries at the byte count.
To "solve" this problem only a restart of the apache webserver works.
Also strange is, that both apache processes have a memory usage of 600 until 750 mb together and there are still 1.5 gb free memory available.
We already searched google etc., but we found no exact entry of this error or the solution was a little bit different and not adequate to our system. We would be happy about any hint.

Here some information about our system:
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
4 GB RAM
Apache Version (from PHP Info): Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color
PHP Version 5.2.3
memory_limit 32 M
(do you need more information to solve this problem or to give a hint?)

Thanks for your help in advance.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr '09 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you run PHP scripts in the .asp files.
Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) means that your application needs more ram than you set in php.ini

e.g.
Code:

memory_limit = 16M

this example means PHP is allowed to use 16 mega byte of your ram.
So adjust that value higher.
d3nn1s

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr '09 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your answer.
does it mean, if the value is set to 16 mb, all scripts together from all users can use max. 16 mb of memory? or is it 16 mb per script per user?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr '09 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know I it when you run apache as module for all scripts. Well you have 4 GB of RAM. (if you use the /PAE switch in boot.ini else the server will use only ~ 3,2 GB) so you can allow PHP so use more RAM.
Depending on the scripts I use I set it to 256M and on my dev server to 320M. maybe you can try the double (64M) and see if that is enough.
elavarasan

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct '11 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set it uto 500M eventhough when i try to test the load by ab.exe tool,

I'm getting the same error message is there any other options.

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: Fatal error: Out of memory - Apache hangs (stopps working) View previous topic :: View next topic