logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: How to upgrade Apache from v.2.2.9 to 2.2.10? Best practice?
Author
flatcircle

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct '08 20:28    Post subject: How to upgrade Apache from v.2.2.9 to 2.2.10? Best practice? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm running Apache 2.2.9 and I want to upgrade to Apache 2.2.10.

Can I run a setup without uninstall v.2.2.9 first?

And when the installation of 2.2.10 is done, is it a good idea to replace the .conf files with the backupped ones from v.2.2.9? Honestly, I don't think so, beacuse in this way you'll miss new entries in the httpd.conf file from the new version.

What's the best practice?

Kind regards.
FC.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct '08 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

best practice is to replace files in the following folders.

apache\bin
apache\bin\iconv
apache\modules

The rest can stay, no need to replace.

If you use apachelounge it is easy to extract the files from the zip.
From ASF (httpd.apache.org) you can extract the msi file as well. PLease see for that HowTo: extract files from *.msi files (f.e. Apache msi).

If you still have a question please ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: How to upgrade Apache from v.2.2.9 to 2.2.10? Best practice? View previous topic :: View next topic