logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: SSL Configuration for Multiple Virtual Hosts
Author
olivia88

PostPosted: Fri 27 Sep '24 7:56    Post subject: SSL Configuration for Multiple Virtual Hosts Reply with quote

Hello there,

I have been working on configuring SSL for multiple virtual hosts in my Apache 2.4 setup; but I am hitting a roadblock that I cannot seem to resolve. I am hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on where I might be going wrong.

I have two domains running on a server; and I have already successfully generated SSL certificates for both using Lets Encrypt. My intention is to serve these domains over HTTPS using separate virtual hosts; but every time I attempt to restart Apache after configuring the 000 default.conf file; the server fails to restart; throwing an error related to the SSL protocol.

Both SSL certificates are in the appropriate directories; and I have pointed each virtual host to the correct SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile paths. Although; I keep receiving an error saying SSLProtocol.

Also, I have gone through this post; https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?tableau=8790 which definitely helped me out a lot.

I have tried disabling SSLv3 and enabling only TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.3; but the error persists. Could there be an issue with the way I have structured my virtual host entries or something missing from the ports.conf file?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 09 Oct '24 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

What errors do you get? Please provide the error messages from the log file.

Reply to topic   Topic: SSL Configuration for Multiple Virtual Hosts View previous topic :: View next topic