logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Content-length cannot be obtained
Author
majidex

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul '24 3:56    Post subject: Content-length cannot be obtained Reply with quote

In an Apache environment that works with Tomcat and ajp, I recently updated Apache from 2.4.58 to 2.4.61, and now the content-length is not being returned.
Does anyone know anything about this?
tangent

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jul '24 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past I've seen issues with the Content-Length response header not being set with proxied content from a back-end Tomcat service. In that configuration, I ended up deliberately disabling a compressed response from Tomcat, by deleting the Accept-Encoding request header, since I wanted to filter/edit the proxied content, and then apply compression.

Not knowing your configuration or compression setup, you could try increasing the size of the DeflateBufferSize (which defaults to 8K), since that can have a direct effect on Content-Length not being set. See https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_deflate.html#DeflateBufferSize
majidex

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul '24 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adding the following settings, I logged in to the app and tried to download, and Content-Length was set.

SetEnv ap_trust_cgilike_cl yes

Even though I was able to set it, there may be other problems, so I will deal with it by reverting to 2.4.59.
Does Apache Lounge not publish binary data released in the past?

Reply to topic   Topic: Content-length cannot be obtained View previous topic :: View next topic