logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: htaccess error 404
Author
mdicicco

PostPosted: Fri 14 Oct '16 22:04    Post subject: htaccess error 404 Reply with quote

I have a real estate portal and then continually disappear pages about property that are deleted.
The .htaccess file is present the code: "ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html" that works. In fact, if I go to a page that no longer exists come hijacked on 404.html file.
Despite this, the Google tool for webmasters gives me error in detail and soft 404 says:
" The target URL does not exist, but the server returns a 404 (file not found). additional information "
If I'm going to read is written in the "additional information" that:
".. it is important to remember that it is not enough to create a page that displays a 404 message you must also return the HTTP response code 404 or 410 correct"

Against this, in addition to the "ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html" code I must add something else to prevent Google give me error?

Reply to topic   Topic: htaccess error 404 View previous topic :: View next topic