logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Clients requests with KeepAlive connections never served
Author
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar '16 13:30    Post subject: Clients requests with KeepAlive connections never served Reply with quote

I have 3000 clients using KeepAlive to connect to my Windows Apache server. Clients send GET request which expects a OK 200 HTTP response from server every 5 seconds concurrently.

Clients timeout after 4 seconds of sending the GET request if server does not response by that time.

With the below System information and Apache configuration I get 94 time outs out of 4553 GET requests sent within ~1 minute.

System Information:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Running Windows Apache HTTP 2.2.22 with winnt_mpm_module config:
Code:
<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
    ThreadLimit     3600
    ThreadsPerChild      3600
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

I have played around with the mpm_winnt_module. If I increase the number of ThreadsPerChild and ThreadLimit more than 3600 Apache warns:

WARNING: ThreadsPerChild of 15000 exceeds ThreadLimit value of 3600 threads,
lowering ThreadsPerChild to 3600. To increase, please see the

After increasing the timeout to something much higher I still get same number of timeouts which probably means those GET requests are never served by the server...

But even with current configuration I expect the server to handle the load, what am I missing so bad?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar '16 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something missing in the error message

To increase, please see the

Reply to topic   Topic: Clients requests with KeepAlive connections never served View previous topic :: View next topic