logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: docroot not working
Author
tikka.massala

PostPosted: Thu 27 Feb '14 15:57    Post subject: docroot not working Reply with quote

Hello Everyone.

I am on the move from Windows 2003 to SLES 11. Bit by bit I get the system up and running and to do, what my windows server is yet doing for me. So that's why I am here. And I am a newbi...

I have a question about apache's default docroot. I possibly have messed up my installation in some way.

The default docroot is still /srv/www/htdocs according to webmin and yast
I have a virtual host in the directory /srv/intranet
I have installed phpMyAdmin in /srv/www/htdocs/phpMyAdmin

Now. My Intranet is working fine - no problem.

Then I have managed to get php running and through doing this, I have found out, that every http request to my apache server ist redirected to my intranet. Therefore I cannot use

http://server/phpmyadmin to get to the login page of phpmyadmin - this attempt results in "object not found"

To get to the bottom of it I have created another virtual host pointing directly into phpmyadmin's directory to see wether phpmyadmin ist working at all - and it does!

So I have created an info.php with the usual "phpinfo()" in it and found out, it is only accessable and working if I place it anywhere in the directory of my intranet.

If I place it in /srv/www/htdocs (where I would like it to live...) and try to access it through a browser by typing http://server/info.php it results in "object not found"

I have asked Dr. Google lots of questions about it, and I came across quite a few hints and tips and followed them. But so far everything seems to be configured the right way but still apache is misbehaving...

Where am I going wrong?

Cheers - Tikka.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 27 Feb '14 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ever you add a vhost the main normal non vhost gets lost. I suggest you just add another vhost for your admin needs.
tikka.massala

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '14 14:30    Post subject: docroot not working --> solved Reply with quote

Hello James Blond.
Thanks a lot....

I have just created another virtual host and configured it as the main host and everything works fine now.

Thinking about it for a moment, it surely has something to do with establishing some security to the server in the way that the main host is just gone so you can't forget to secure it.

But it would have saved me quite a lot time, if this was somehow mentioned in Novell dokumentation.

Anyway - it's solved and many thanks agin.

Cheers - Tikka

Reply to topic   Topic: docroot not working View previous topic :: View next topic