logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: [SOLVED]Slow PHP on Windows
Author
nucleartux

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug '12 20:12    Post subject: [SOLVED]Slow PHP on Windows Reply with quote

This is an issue I've been having for a long time. I want to run symfony2 applications on my windows computer and it has a terribly high load time, around 5-10 seconds.
I uploaded my files to a linux server, on which it runs in around 300-500 ms
I tried many severs(xampp, wamp, IIS, all of them), many cache modules(apc, memcache, wincache), tried to disable antivirus, install sites to RAM disk, nothing helps.
I found this issues on SO
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9854848/windows-7-php-symfony2-terribly-slow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7741043/php5-performance-comparison-windows-and-linux
but they do not contain solutions.

Last edited by nucleartux on Sun 19 Aug '12 23:00; edited 1 time in total
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug '12 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

On user suggests to use WinCache

WinCache on php.net
Official WinCache site
Download on source forge

Might be a disadvantage, that it run only with the NTS (non thread safe version), so you have to use mod fcgid. But with the right configuration php over mod fcgid can be as fast as the module (at least from my experience)

it is also important which version of PHP you use on Windows. 5.3 is 40% faster than 5.2. And 5.4 is faster than 5.3 (according to Pierre Joye the windows developer for windows and Rasmus Lerdorf)
nucleartux

PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug '12 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I wrote above, I already tried wincache. It doesn't help.

UPD: I should correct myselft. It help, it reduce load time for 25-50%, from 2s to 1-1.5s.
But it is very much! On Linux the same site loaded for 300-500ms
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 16 Aug '12 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I googled in the last minutes is that won't get a better time on windows.
What you can do is caching from the application itself to increase speed. Did you also check the Database as bottleneck?
On a testing server, not productive, you should try xdebug to see which part of your application is slow.
nucleartux

PostPosted: Sun 19 Aug '12 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found solution: Zend Server works fine.
samanthacastle

PostPosted: Fri 07 Sep '12 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem on my server: do you know why you solved the problem (eg root cause?)

Sam
riana

PostPosted: Sun 10 Nov '13 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

please tell the details of the solution, or is that enough just cover for the server ?

thanks, riana designer home office furniture

Reply to topic   Topic: [SOLVED]Slow PHP on Windows View previous topic :: View next topic