logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: What is a compatible compiled set of Apache and PHP for Win7
Author
NewtownGal

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep '13 14:40    Post subject: What is a compatible compiled set of Apache and PHP for Win7 Reply with quote

I have read many posts on this topic but I'm still confused and unable to get it to work. I've installed apache and PHP on Ubuntu many times, but it's all automatic. My problem is with Windows.

I have Win7Pro SP1 64-bit. I could not find a msi for the latest Apache, so I used the latest one I could find, which is 32-bit for Apache2.2. I installed Visual Studio, whichever one there was a link for to download. I also installed a 32-bit PHP, I think the thread-safe version, since it wasn't clear which one to choose, as a module in apache.

But I get this error:

Cannot load C:/php/php5apache2_4.dll into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

BUT the specified folder and file are there. I can send a screenshot.

Here's where it's included in httpd.conf, a line that causes the startup of apache to abort:

LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2_4.dll"

How do I check the versions of everything related to apache and PHP that I have installed ?

How do I fix this ? Or should I remove everything and start over ? If so, what should I use ?

Thank you.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep '13 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version apache and php ?

About the error Cannot load C:/php/php5apache2_4.dll into server are quite some posts here.

What VC is your apache, VC6, VC9, VC10 or VC11 ?
You need a corresponding php5apache2_4.dll from php.net.

Did you read www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4481 ?

Where did you downloaded apache from, apache.org ?

If yes, on windows.php.net you can read:

Please use the Apache builds provided by Apache Lounge. They also provide VC11 builds of Apache for x86 and x64. We use their binaries to build the Apache SAPIs.

If you are using PHP with Apache 1 or Apache2 from apache.org (not recommended) you need to use the older VC6 versions of PHP compiled with the legacy Visual Studio 6 compiler. Do NOT use VC9+ versions of PHP with the apache.org binaries.
NewtownGal

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep '13 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan,

Thank you for your reply.

I started at apachelounge and downloaded apache2.4 zip for 64b and installed VC11 as instructed. But I found there wasn't an installable msi in the zip file (I thought 'binaries' meant msi's), so I tried again. I could not find an apache msi file on apachelounge, so the comments I found yesterday to use apachelounge didn't help me and I got one from apache.org. I did not want to have to compile anything. The latest one available was 32b for apache2.2, which lots of posts said is super stable, so I installed it. (It's also the one I use in Ubuntu.) It gave me 2.0.65 and 2.2.25. I ran the latter and it was OK until I tried to install PHP, which led to my post.

Since I don't want to compile anything, should I stay with apache2.2 for 32b ?

How do I determine which version of PHP I have ? I don't see it listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features. Do I need to uninstall VC11 and get another one ? Which version of PHP do you recommend for my configuration ?

This is all SO much easier in Ubuntu because installers select compatible versions of everything.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep '13 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download from here does not need compilation, just unzip. See the readme in the zip.

A download site should note the VC version. Apache.org is VC 6.

Steffen
NewtownGal

PostPosted: Fri 20 Sep '13 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what the problem is !

The installation instructions in readme.txt neglect to mention to cd c:\apache24\bin before running httpd.exe. I opened a DOS box and tried to run from c:\ and also c:\apache24.

I will now remove the older version of apache, update apache's configuration file for PHP, and see if it all works now.

Reply to topic   Topic: What is a compatible compiled set of Apache and PHP for Win7 View previous topic :: View next topic