logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Help with ipvsadm and pulse
Author
ComputrGeek

PostPosted: Wed 27 Mar '13 22:27    Post subject: Help with ipvsadm and pulse Reply with quote

I have a load balanced web site setup in test and everything seems to work great for a while and then it doesn't.

The symptom is that when I watch ipvsadm it doesn't show any traffic going through. If I watch my web servers I see all the traffic going to only one server which seems to indicate the load balancer is just forwarding packets at this point. Piranha, ipvsadm and pulse are all started but the traffic seems to bypass the load balancer and just gets forwarded to the web server.

I'm rather new to load balancing with Linux so any suggestions are welcome.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep '13 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you configure your cluster?
ComputrGeek

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep '13 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the web interface for Piranha to configure it. The default is http://<server_ip>:3636.

When you complete the configuration it saves it as /etc/sysconfig/ha/lvs.cf, which I then copied to my other load balancer and restarted all the services.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 04 Sep '13 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what you use to configure ... but not how Wink

Reply to topic   Topic: Help with ipvsadm and pulse View previous topic :: View next topic