logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: cannot connect to localhost
Author
lise77

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct '11 23:53    Post subject: cannot connect to localhost Reply with quote

i installed xampp on my computer, it says both mysql and apache are running in the control panel but localhost will not connect, nor will http://127.0.0.1
. i've talked to a few developers who say it sounds like that its already running, i found a solution on another page for someone who seemed to have the same problem with a mac, but i'm running windows 7 and don't know enough to be able to figure out how to try to do it on a pc...
Quote:
FIGURED IT OUT!!
Turns out apache wasn't REALLY running....an error in the config file (a previous owner of this machine edited the local root directory for apache. I changed it to my desired folder and restarted it - it fired right up.
Was lead to this solution by following the steps here:
http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-syste … rt-up.html

any ideas are greatly appreciated!!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct '11 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install apache or / and mysql as service? did you reboot your computer yet?
Are you talking about the xampp control panel?

Reply to topic   Topic: cannot connect to localhost View previous topic :: View next topic