logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Logging - when does it take place
Author
tfkpayne

PostPosted: Thu 20 Oct '11 14:02    Post subject: Apache Logging - when does it take place Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm trying to debug a system that has occasional outages, until we do a restart of apache http server.

The setup is basically:

Apache listens on 443
It reverse proxies requests on to a windows server running tomcat inside a dmz.

We see that intermittently we are unable to load pages and no requests are logged in the access_log.

My question is basically, at what point do requests get written to the access log - on initial request, or on successful completion of the request/response? In other words, does no pages being served mean that it doesn't get to apache, or that it can't complete the request...

Thanks in advance!

Tom
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 20 Oct '11 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not positive but I believe, at the moment the request is finished or there is an error. The log shows bytes sent, so it can only know that at the end.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Logging - when does it take place View previous topic :: View next topic