logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: rewrite sudomain to domain
Author
sifro

PostPosted: Sun 11 Sep '11 8:46    Post subject: rewrite sudomain to domain Reply with quote

Hello,
i have a website, domain.it, with drupal installed.
domain.it has italian content, while en.domain.it has the translated english content handled through the drupal internationalization module.
I would like to be able to serve the english content through another domain, domain.com for example, and not from a subdomain of domain.it
No one should be able to “discover” that the content is being generated from the drupal installation on the .it domain (for seo purposes)… that means that iframe or redirect solutions are not applicable.
A user (and googlebot especially) should simply type domain.comand see the website like if it was on its separate docroot, like it usually happens.
Is this possible?
I hope that i’ve been clear enough…
Thanks!
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep '11 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make a second virtualhost and point it to the same place. However, drupal may be finicky (never used it) if it has internally configured a domain, which would most likely be the .it domain, and many a CMS, blog and forum software do that, so they can build links.
sifro

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep '11 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, it works fine now! =)

do you also know if i could set separate sitemap.xml and .htaccess files?
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep '11 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as .htaccess, in the <VirtualHost> you can use
AccessFileName

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#accessfilename

You can name it anything you want, I would suggest keeping .htsomething, since .htanything is protected from prying eyes unless you have messed with the config to secure these files.

sitemap.xml, you're on you own on this one. Someone else here may have a good idea how to tackle that one.
sifro

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep '11 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks, i've been able to use a drupal module to handle different sitemap generation!

Reply to topic   Topic: rewrite sudomain to domain View previous topic :: View next topic