logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: [SOLVED] Apache 2.2.20 - no listening sockets available
Author
Otomatic

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep '11 19:49    Post subject: [SOLVED] Apache 2.2.20 - no listening sockets available Reply with quote

Hello,

Windows 7 Pro 64
WAMPServer with Apache 2.2.19 (Or 2.2.1Cool, Php 5.3.8, MySQL 5.5.15
All things work well with Apache 2.2.19 or 2.2.18
(WampServer allows you to change the version "on the fly")

I install "by hand" Apache 2.2.20.
All things being equal (except, in this case, ServerRoot "J:/Wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.20"), when trying to use Apache 2.2.20, the service does not start. There is no error in the Apache log file, but in the event viewer there are errors:
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied. : make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
>>> (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
>>> no listening sockets available, shutting down

Then I switch back to Apache 2.2.19 and all things work well.

Thanks.

Last edited by Otomatic on Fri 02 Sep '11 18:33; edited 1 time in total
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep '11 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you updated the files.

Please run a command line as Administrator and type
Code:

netstat -nab

output can be something like

Code:

Proto  Lokale Adresse         Remoteadresse          Status
  TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              ABHÖREN
 [httpd.exe]

Than you should see if a program is listen on port 80. If not, firewall?, antivirus?
Otomatic

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep '11 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you for giving me the good elements of fault finding, especially "netstat" I had forgotten.

Two days ago, when I tried Apache 2.2.20, I allowed in the firewall, "J:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.20\bin\httpd.exe". But, as I do most of the time, without thinking, only for the session and Apache 2.2.20 worked fine.
The next morning (the PC is turned off at night), launch of WampServer, service Apache 2.2.20 did not want to start with the errors in Event Viewer that I quoted in my first message.

The problem came from the firewall that I was not asked again to allow "J:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.20\bin\httpd.exe" since the program was previously authorized and the name stored by the firewall.

I no longer thought the program was only authorized for the session and I'm in a new session.

I authorized the program again, but for all sessions and everything works fine.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

There is nothing worse than the flaws that you create yourself.

Reply to topic   Topic: [SOLVED] Apache 2.2.20 - no listening sockets available View previous topic :: View next topic