logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: server-status is not showing some of the processes
Author
raminder.bhrara@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 7:37    Post subject: server-status is not showing some of the processes Reply with quote

Hi, We are using Apache HTTP Server v2.0.x on AIX. I am using mod_status to get a report on the server-status web page. I am listing Apache processes and their respective threads using the command-line "ps thread count - $ ps -o thcount" as well. Some of the httpd processes that are reported on the command-line have got active threads in them with process-ids. The problem is that I am not been able to locate these processes on Apache server-status page.

Can someone tell me why is it so ?

Thanks for your help

Raminder
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you set ExtendedStatus On? Well that is not recommend for prod system, but than you should be able to see like

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 11:34    Post subject: ExtendedStatus is ON Reply with quote

HI James

We did put it ON even though not recommended on Prod systems. We are seeing discrepant results via mod_status. That is, number of processes via command line do not match-up....

Thanks and Regards

Raminder
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use worker or prefork?

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul '10 3:02    Post subject: server threads hanging for couple of days waiting Reply with quote

We are also noticing via server-status that few threads are just waiting for couple of days. They are not serving but just hung on the 'W' status. We know that they are not serving because the

Acc Number of accesses this connection / this child / this slot

from the server-status is not increasing. How do we explain this behaviour when Apache is guaranteeing Timeout value of 5 minutes.

Also in some requests in server-status page we do not have a process-ids association with the threads.

Thanks and Regards

Raminder
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul '10 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my question again. What do you use? Worker or prefork? In both cases you can set the MaxSpareServers which is the number of maximum idle servers.

Reply to topic   Topic: server-status is not showing some of the processes View previous topic :: View next topic