logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Hosting web site at home with Apache
Author
Douglas26

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jan '10 23:18    Post subject: Hosting web site at home with Apache Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm just about at the point of tearing my hair out with this project, so before I do that, I'll ask first.

I'm trying to set up my domain name with Apache to run from a dedicated web server I've set up here at home. Apache version 2.0.63, Windows XP Home. I've set it up as best I understand - put my WAN IP in the network bit, my domain name - www.douglasmcgregor.co.uk in the Name Server bit and email address in the server admin bit. I keep on getting server not found. I'm at a loss as to how to solve this one. I'm pretty confident the router is set up right - I've enabled DMZ in the firewall for that particular IP.

I'm pretty sure it's right because it works for other domain names, like free ones I've been using to test it. I've tried free DNS servers like everydns.com, and in the "Manage Your Domain" bit I've even created my own name servers that point to my IP address, but nothing works.

Hope someone can help. Thanks

Douglas
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jan '10 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

look familiar?

Quote:
Hi, welcome to the site.

I've got some news - I'm going to start teaching computing! This is a voluntary position to teach disabled people in a centre here in Gla...
Douglas26

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jan '10 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, well I was getting so frustrated I got a new domain name and that's working now. I plan to delete that site eventually. Typically, the power cable on my own laptop sparked and is having to go in the bin, so I've now got no Apache server. Having to use IIS for the time being.
bovcan

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jan '10 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

normaly it takes a while to refres dns.
I use zoneedit.com becouse of dynamic ip and first time I wait ~2 days.

Reply to topic   Topic: Hosting web site at home with Apache View previous topic :: View next topic