logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache virtualhost setup
Author
hero789

PostPosted: Mon 28 Dec '09 21:19    Post subject: Apache virtualhost setup Reply with quote

Hi
I am running xampp from a memory stick. I need to create a virtualhost running from localhost. I have previously set up apache virtualhosts on linux about two years ago. On xampp there is no etc/hosts file. The only virtualhost i can get to work is
code]
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "J:/xampp/htdocs/project/website"
ServerName localhost
</VirtualHost>
[/code]

which as you can see if very simple. If i try and deviate changing ServerName to localhosts with an s it wont work. I would like to create a virtualhost www.ituk.com. But this is not working. Any help would be appreciated, I have set up virtualhosts before on an earlier version of apache, but I have never set up apache virtualhosts on a memory stick.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 28 Dec '09 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a topic about that. http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1758&view=next

If you still have a question please ask again.
hero789

PostPosted: Tue 29 Dec '09 0:58    Post subject: apache working Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for your reply

I got apache to work.

I now have another question. I have the url working www.itconsul.com which is my test url. This is served by apache. I however want to have my homepage displayed under this url. In order to do so I have to enter the url www.itconsul.com/homepage.htm. Anyone know how to make www.itconsul.com direct to homepage.htm so that my homepage is displayed.
Millennium

PostPosted: Tue 29 Dec '09 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

find the line what looks like (or just add) in httpd.conf:

Code:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
</IfModule>

And change it to:

Code:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm homepage.htm
</IfModule>

but I suggest renaming "homepage.htm" to "index.htm"
hero789

PostPosted: Tue 29 Dec '09 1:27    Post subject: solved Reply with quote

Thanks that worked Very Happy [/u]

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache virtualhost setup View previous topic :: View next topic