logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Access problem - FIXED
Author
gregs24

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jul '09 14:17    Post subject: Access problem - FIXED Reply with quote

I am having problems with restricting access to my site which I want to do by IP address, or password for non local users. If I use satisfy all it asks for the username and password always (as expected) but when I use satisfy any it doesn't seem to restrict to the chosen IP addresses or ask for a password when the host isn't on the IP ranges shown (I have not put the actual IP addresses in). The second part below works fine for the one directory. It seems I am doing something wrong with the IP restriction bit but cannot work out what.

I have the following in my httpd.conf file:

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Intranet Zone"
AuthUserFile Apacheusr/.htpasswd
Require user user1
allow from 192.168.87
allow from 192.168.88
allow from 192.168.89
allow from nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
allow from nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
Satisfy Any
</Directory>

<Directory htdocs/users>
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Secure Intranet Zone"
AuthUserFile Apacheusr/.htpasswd
Require user user2
</Directory>
gregs24

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul '09 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact absolutely nothing wrong with the above config - just a duplication within the config file with an 'allow all' in it further down.

All working fine now

Reply to topic   Topic: Access problem - FIXED View previous topic :: View next topic