logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: IPV6 oddities
Author
mrdj1024

PostPosted: Sat 11 May '24 21:31    Post subject: IPV6 oddities Reply with quote

hello!
so i have a verizon router and it works well for ipv4 when setting the firewall up, it is set to typical security(allow outgoing/block incoming)
so i leave port 80 and 443 open so i can use my webserver no issues at all i also have port 80 and 443 allowed in my windows 10 firewall.
but for ipv6 things are really odd for me and id like some help with that,i noticed for ipv6 to work,i need to disable my ipv6 firewall inside my router so it allows the incoming connections(despite port 80 and 443 being open in both the router and firewall)
when i turn my ipv6 firewall on inside the router the ipv6 functionality does not work at all which is weird,so how would i go about allowing in ipv6 traffic on ports 80 and 443 and denying the rest?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 13 May '24 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the Verizon router. With most routers, you have to add a port rule for each IPv6 (device) since with an internet prefix it is directly accessible.
mrdj1024

PostPosted: Tue 14 May '24 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for your reply! currently i dont know where to look for that but ipv4 has port 80 and 443 open and in windows firewall 80 and 443 are open
currently my ipv6 firewall is disabled until i can find a fix and that is a major concern of mine because anyone could take over your router if they had the know how,this is my router "Verizon Fios Router Actiontec MI424WR Rev I"
im looking at the documents on it and i cannot find out how to allow ipv6 on ports 80 and 443 Sad id like to have my ipv6 firewall enabled if possible to avoid potential security issues.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 15 May '24 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the manual verizon com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/vzmi424wrusermanualv4.pdf

Well, there is nothing about IPv6 in it. There is only port forwarding on page 82. But I guess you already found that on your router.
Maybe the static NAT from page 88 helps. But I am not sure since my fortune glass ball is blurry.

Reply to topic   Topic: IPV6 oddities View previous topic :: View next topic